Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Foundation Lecture #2: Peter Hanley

     From my first glance at Peter Hanley I already though he was an interesting character. I mean... he does have a mohawk and a nose ring. But besides his appearance, I felt a connection with him as an artist. Peter Hanley described his artistic journey at this lecture and how he goes so drastically from poetry to generating technical computer art and installations. I specifically liked Hanley because I could tell that his mind is in twenty different places at once just like mine. And the fact that he goes through these artistic phases I can also relate to because I like exploring new media in the same way as him. But even though Peter Hanley currently works with mostly computer art (which I will probably never understand or care enough about), I feel as if he is just like me and every other artist-- constantly searching for a new way of expression and a new skill to master. Hanley is also a very down-to-earth guy and has great talent especially for having no college art degree, and seems like a great person to be around and work with. I am definitely going to research his work and exhibitions, and hope to actually see one in person sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment